Ayman Wagdy Mohamed Ibrahim
• Sept 2010 – Dec 2012: Master of Science in Architecture. Politecnico Di Milano, Italy.
– Overall Degree Grade: 104/110
– Dissertation: New Parametric workflow based on advanced day-lighting analysis.
• Sept 2002 – Jul 2007: Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree. Architecture Dept., Faculty of Fine Arts, Helwan University, Egypt.
– 4791/6700 (71.51%) ranked number 7th, -The first was (76.22%).
– Graduation project: Very Good 170/200.
• Feb 2014: Workshop instructor, Dept. of continuing education engineering and technology programs Future University in Egypt, Egypt.
• Jan 2013: Part time lecturer for Architectural Engineering, ARAB ACADEMY FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AND MARITIME TRANSPORT (AASTMT), Egypt.
• Jan 2013: Part time Instructor and Teaching Assistant, THE AMERICAN UNIVERSITY IN CAIRO (AUC), Egypt.
• Nov 2013 – Present: Research Assistant, Sustainable Research group, THE AMERICAN UNIVERSITY IN CAIRO (AUC), Egypt.
– Responsible for running the daylight simulations and optimization. Documenting the new results for publishing scientific papers on different journals and conferences.
• Sept 2013 – Present: Part time Instructor and Teaching Assistant, (AUC) for the following course:
– Fall 2013 & winter 2014: AENG 455/4556 – Architectural Design Studio V (4 cr.).
• Studio on smart buildings and high-tech architecture.
• Teaching of lectures sessions & Preparation of course reference materials and visual aids
• Teaching students advanced logics about making parametric design while considering the performance optimization and simulations results.
• Sept 2013 – Present: Part time lecturer for Architectural Engineering, (AATST) for the following course:
– Fall 2013: 3D modeling (3 cr.).
. Teaching one academic course for B.Sc. Architectural Engineering and Environmental Design about 3D modelling with 3Ds Max and Grasshopper.
1. Ayman Wagdy. New parametric workflow based on advanced day lighting analysis.
Master’s Thesis, Politesi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, Dec 2012.
• Refereed Conference Articles
1. Sherif, A., H. Sabry and A. Wagdy. Hospital Patient Room Design for Desert Climates: Effect of Room Shape on Window Design for Daylighting, Second Saudi Forum for Planning and Design of Hospitals, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, April 22-24,2014
2. Wagdy, A. Shalaby, M. optimizing the external and internal reflectors and ceiling geometry for a deep side lit space: Using validated daylight simulation with genetic optimization algorithm in Cairo, Egypt. Sustainable building conference | SB13 CAIRO, Pages: 457-472, Cairo, Egypt, Nov 06-07, 2013.
3. Ayman Wagdy. New parametric workflow based on validated day-lighting simulation, Conference of Building Simulation in Cairo 2013-, IBPSA – International Building Performance Simulation Association Egypt., Pages: 412-420, Cairo, Egypt, June 23-24, 2013.
• Submitted Journal and Conference Papers
1. Wagdy, A. Arafa, R. Façade Form Generation Tool for Enhancing Daylighting and External View of Patient Rooms in Desert Environments, ACADIA 2014, Los Angeles, USA October 20-25, 2014.
2. Wagdy, A. Shalaby, M. Optimizing window to wall ratio and external screen perforated values using performance based modelling and Biomimcry: Case study, Office room in Cairo. ACADIA 2014, Los Angeles, USA October 20-25, 2014.
3. Sherif, A., H. Sabry. Arafa, R. and A. Wagdy. Energy Efficient Hospital Patient Room Design: Effect of Room Shape on Window to Wall Ratio in a Desert Climate. PLEA 2014, Ahmedabad, India, December 16-18, 2014.
4. Sherif, A., Sabry, H. Wagdy, A. and. Arafa, R. Enhancement of Daylighting and External View as Means for Achieving a Salutogenic Hospital: Results of a Simulation Based Research on Patient Room Layouts, Design & Health 10th World Congress, Toronto, Canada, July 09-13, 2014.
• Accepted Conference Abstracts
1. ElGhazi, Y. Wagdy, A. Mohamed, S. Hassan, A. Daylighting Driven Design: Optimizing Kaleidocycle Typology for Non-simplified Double Façade in Hot Arid Climate of Cairo, Egypt. BauSIM 2014, Aachen, Germany, September 22-24, 2014.
2. Hegazy, A. Wagdy, A. Multivariable Optimization for Zero Overlit Shading Devices in Sunny Climate of Cairo, Egypt. BauSIM 2014, Aachen, Germany, September 22-24, 2014.
• Submitted Conference Abstracts
1. Wagdy, A. Hegazy, A. Multivariable Optimization for Window and Wall Shading Devices for maximizing daylight availability and energy savings in Hot Climates. Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI) conference, Milwaukee, USA, March 24-27, 2015.
2. Wagdy, A. ElGhazi, Y. Mohamed, S. Hassan, A. The Balance Point between Daylight and Thermal Performance Based on Exploiting the Kaleidocycle Typology in Hot Arid Climate of Aswan, Egypt. Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI) conference, Milwaukee, USA, March 24-27, 2015.
3. Morsy, A. Hegazy, A. Wagdy, A. Daylighting optimization for informal settlements in Cairo, Egypt. Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI) conference, Milwaukee, USA, March 24-27, 2015.
4. El Ahmar, S. Wagdy, A. Parametric Voronoi Solar Screen: New daylight solution for intermediate inter-cardinal (SE, SW) orientated office space in desert climate of Aswan, Egypt. 48th International Conference of the Architectural Science Association (ANZAScA), Genoa, Italy, December 10-13, 2014.
• Nov 2013: Conference paper presentation, Sustainable building conference | SB13 CAIRO, Egypt.
• June 2013: Conference paper presentation, Building Simulation in Cairo 2013 IBPSA, CAIRO, Egypt.
• Dec 2013: Public lecture entitled “birding the gap between design and simulation” Faculty of Fine Arts, El Zamalik, Cairo, Egypt.
• March 2014: Public lecture entitled “simulation-driven design”, Ain Shames University, Cairo, Egypt.
• March 2014: invited lecture entitled “Parametric Driven Design”, Engineering Consultants Group. Cairo, Egypt.
Honors and Awards:
• Nov 2013 – March 2014: Department Research grand (10,000 $), Dept. of Architecture and construction engineering, AUC, Egypt.
• Feb 2013: Scientific Superiority award, the 3rd place, Egyptian Culture Office in Rome, Italy.
• Sept 2010 – July 2012: DSU Scholarships (5012 Euro), Italian Finance Ministry, Italy.
April 2013 – Present: YBA – ARCHITECTS, Cairo – Egypt, http://www.yba-architects.com
– Head of (R&D) research and development department
– Preparing Grasshopper and 3Ds Max Training Programs for the architects.
– Professional Architect – Creating 3D Rendering, Animation and stereoscope Animation.
• ALGERIA EMBASSY IN LIBYA, Tripoli, plot area: 2800 m2
• QATAR EMBASSY IN SOMALIA, Mogadishu, plot area: 20000 m2
• 6 October Office Building IN EGYPT, Cairo, plot area: 8000 m2
• ST 90 Office Building IN EGYPT, Cairo, plot area: 1800 m2
Responsibilities: making parametric design, rendering and postproduction.
Feb 2011 – Feb 2013: SANDRO ROLLA ARCHITECT, Milan – Italy, http://www.arsarchitects.it/index.html
– Professional Architect.
• RIQUALIFICAZIONE ARCHITETTONICA DI LABORATORIO IN COMPLESSO RESIDENZIALE, plot area, Milan, Italy: 1688 m2
• YAMAH DI MILANIO, Milan, Italy, plot area: 1800 m2
Responsibilities: Design Development, Making 3D physical model, rendering and postproduction.
Jul 2009 – Aug 2010: SBG (SAUDI BINLADIN GROUP), Jeddah – Saudi Arabia, http://www.sbg.com.sa/
– Professional Architect.
• INTEGRATED PROJECT FOR MONITORY OF INTERIOR, 180 different projects site overall the Saudi Arabia
Responsibilities: making the adapted drawing for each site, coordinating drawing from survey department with architecture layout. Making the final submittal of the drawing to construction site.