17 to 19 August (3 Days Workshop)
Faculty of Fine Arts, Alexandria, Egypt.
Ayman Wagdy Mohamed Ibrahim
Author of “New parametric workflow based on validated day-lighting simulation”
M.Sc. Architecture – Architecture and Building Technology| Politecnico Di Milano
PROGRAM OF THE WORKSHOP:
In Grasshopper logics for performance based design workshop the participants will learn new techniques in Grasshopper focusing on optimizing the design solution based on a performance objective. The exercises will be gradually increased on complexity, from simple shading devices to high responsive building skin.
The participants will be taught Grasshopper logics and different modeling techniques in the first two days and on the final day they will learn how to associate and optimizes the design solution with the Environmental analysis software “Ecotect” in order to make “performance based design”.
WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION :
The participants will learn: how to
– Create different types of free from structure – building skin- using patches and loft components.
– Create 4 different techniques of opening panels on surface using Iso-trim to control the accuracy and the level of detail of the surface .
– Customize the locations of the openings with a custom Domain inside the surface Domain.
– Create random openings pattern over a surface by using populate components and they will learn the different of using Populate Geometry and Populate 2D.
– Create different types of predefined panels which can be associated to surface curvature and environmental data.
– Create custom panels pattern such as (Hexagonal, Triangle, Diamond ,Staggered) panels using” Lunch tools box” plugin for grasshopper.
– Convert the model from Non-uniform rational B-spline model to mesh Triangulation in order to be correctly exported to “Ecotec”.
After that they will learn how to connect “Grasshopper” with “Ecotect” by using ” Geco” plugin for Grasshopper in order to :
– Create and extract the sun path diagram based on a specific weather data file which helps to define the correct direction of the sun vector to make useful shading devices.
– Export the different types of surfaces to “Ecotect” without any geometrical problems.
– Set the correct material setting for each part of the model which can handle any changes in number of faces.
– Define the analysis grid correctly to avoid any false values.
– Calculate (the solar radiation & the daylight factor) analysis inside “Ecotect” and import the results back to Grasshopper.
Then they will learn different techniques of making associate parameter based on :
– Different Gate components-Filters- to satisfy different conditions .
– Different types of attractor to control some of the panels parameters .
– Sampling the solar radiation of the surface.
– Evaluating the daylight factor data of the interior space.
– Remapping the Solar radiation or daylight factor values to control different panels parameters.
– Using the optimization engine inside grasshopper “Galapagos” which can automatically optimize the panel parameters to optimize the performance .
8 hours per day [9 am : 5 pm]
Basic knowledge of Rhinoceros and Grasshopper.
– Good understanding of DATA & OPERATIONAL and Boolean operators components such as [Series, Range, Random, Boolean operators, Boolean Gates].
– Good understanding of different filters and Lists components that allow you to preform various operations on a list of input values based on different logic, such as [List Item, Partition List, Shift List, Dispatch, Cull Index, Cull Pattern ].
– Good understanding of data matching concept .
– Basic understanding of Data Tree operations such as [Merge, Explode Tree, Flip Matrix, Flatten Tree, Graft Tree, Simplify Tree].
– Solid understanding of the different between xyz space and UV local space of a surface.
– Solid understanding of the important of Reparameterize a curve or surface.
– Good understanding of different Domain components such as [Construct 1D and 2D Domain ,Remap Numbers, Divide 1D and 2D Domain, Bounds].
– Basic understanding of generating different types of Curves inside grasshopper such as [Explode, Discontinuity, Divide Curve, Offset on Srf, Project, Geodesic, Blend Curve, Interpolate, Perp and Horizontal Frames].
– Good understanding of vectors and basic mathematical operators .
– Good understanding of different Transformations components
In order to register,you will need to fill the Registration Form .
REGISTRATION DEADLINE & WORKSHOP FEES:
EARLY Registration: Deadline: 12 August 2013
Fees: Students 400 LE – Professionals: 600 LE
LATE Registration: Deadline: 15 August 2013
Fees: Students 500 LE – Professionals: 700 LE
– Dr. Khaled El-Deeb
– Arch. Mai Karram
– Arch. Heba Moanes.
– DAWSHA group
Arch. Heba Moanes – Assistant lecturer
E: email@example.com – Mobile: 01001509941